Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 2 of Thanksgiving :)

Day 2....
Today I am very thankful for the gym! Most of my Eagle Mtn friends probably don't know and some of my friends here, but that last 4 weeks I have been going to the gym every morning at 6am! I know...I really can't believe it myself that I can get up every morning at 5:15! 4 weeks ago I had a friend that would start to go with me, but we were going at 9am...that sounded more like my time, but her daughter got sick and she could only go at 6am, before her husband had to leave for work. So I agreed that I would TRY to come at 6am. So I did it and have gone everyday without missing one (well last Mon. I went and dogged out 10 min. early, but that won't happen again!), but I haven't missed a day, and most days without her coming with. And what a HUGE difference this has made in my life! For one, and I can wake up that early, to beat myself up at the gym, and I really do love it! For two, I can do it by myself (even though I LOVE company-I don't have to have it to go). And three, I feel night and day difference on how I feel (physically and spiritually)and I have this time to think and reflect and to learn from talks on my ipod. So really...this is something I really truly am thankful for and I hope this pattern continues for the rest of my life (which I think it will). So really through the gym I have gotten my life back!!! Sounds kind of crazy I know!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love it and can't wait for the next 10 days!!!

Heather!!! said...

Thanks for the great idea Bonnie!!!

The White Clan said...

That is amazing. I have thought about going and riding a bike just a few days a week, just so I can get a little ahead of the game on this whole lose baby weight thing. But it does take some serious ambition, and I commend you for that. BRAVO!!

jackson 4 said...

hey cutie, Kate here. Here is my email mjkjackson04@yahoo.com
miss you and have a awesome day!!

jackson 4 said...

hey cutie, Kate here. Here is my email mjkjackson04@yahoo.com
miss you and have a awesome day!!

jackson 4 said...

hey cutie, Kate here. Here is my email mjkjackson04@yahoo.com
miss you and have a awesome day!!

jackson 4 said...

hey cutie, Kate here. Here is my email mjkjackson04@yahoo.com
miss you and have a awesome day!!

LaNae said...

Heather, I can't believe you found us! How? Isn't technology amazing?

Is the Amanda in the picture with the big hair, Amanda Russell? They were in our ward before we moved. We are in Saratoga Springs now.

I barely recognized your boys. They are so grown up.

Brendan and Gage are both still playing soccer and basketball. They love every minute of it too.
LaNae

AmyG said...

So great to hear from you! It is so fun to keep up with everyone. Makes it feel like we never even moved away.

Amy Glazier