I have been training for a triathlon for about a month and a half now. And my biggest hurdle has been to learn how to swim. Yes I know I must be crazy to try to do this without knowing how to swim beforehand. But I am determined. So my running and biking have gone well, but I have been trying to figure out the whole breathing in the water thing. :) I have also gotten quite good on my backstroke. But really I have been wishing I had fins, or could use snorkel gear or something. But today it clicked!!!! Yesterday my good friend was showing me how she does it and after trying it today...it worked! And it better work tomorrow too! hahaha! I really don't want to drown come June. I am not worried about the April one because it is half the distance in swimming and it is at a pool. The one in June is twice as long and in a lake with hurds of people! Anyways....Wish me luck! :)
11 comments:
Oh good luck! I could never! First off I don't think I could ever complete it, I might die right in the middle!
That same thing happened to my sister in law and now she is one of the best triathletes around (SERIOUSLY). She wins every race there is and she struggled so bad at swimming. Keep it up and good luck!
Good Luck Heather!!!
So there is still hope! 2 days in a row of the breathing thing working. Now I just need to work on being able to do more than one lap breathing with out stopping hahaha (not on my back, I can do lots on my back)! I figure I still have 3 months! But I know it will fly!!! Yikes! :) Thanks for your support! I am very nervous about it all :)
You are gonna do great Heather! I so wish I could go to the Sandhollow one in June (to watch) but I will be sunbathing in the carribbean! I will route for you from there though!!
wow, kudos to you for even trying, I have always wanted to do a triathalon but it's not the time in my life right now. I have no help at home! Go get em girl! You will be great!
Isn't it such a great feeling to conquer things that are hard for us? I really am proud of you and I can't wait to come cheer and watch you! Way to go girl your awesome!
Ummmm.... by the way, I am back!!!!
;)
You go Girl!! You are so Awesome you will do it. I think that is so neat that you are doing a triathalon. I wish I was in shape to run a marathon. Maby someday. Good luck!!!! Maby all the young women will have to come cheer you on. Jodi
Yay Heather YOU ROCK!!!!! Can't wait for the TRI, Nic said she will do it with us, we should get matching shirts or something, we are also doing Kokopelli in Sept. you should too!
-SWIM-BIKE-RUN- TRI GIRLS ROCK!!!
That would be awesome! You will have to let me know exactly what I need for all of this! hahaha! :)
I am proud of you too for the triathlon. That will be a wonderful achievement. I'm not the world's greatest swimmer but keep your feet straight so they don't drag you down. Good luck!
Post a Comment